I remember a classmate in high school said that children are your pride and joy. I didn’t give it much thought since I was only a teenager, but it definitely rings true today.
I still can’t believe that I have such a precious little boy. Just thinking of how much I love him makes me want to cry.
When I’m feeling down, I like to remember all the good things that make me proud and bring me joy.
I’m so proud of…
- how sweet George is. He loves to share his food with his daddy and me. He actually puts it in our mouth, whether we want it or not!
- how smart he is.
- how gorgeous he is. I know every mum thinks their kid is gorgeous. But, everywhere we go, people comment on how cute George is.
- how independent he is. He loves to figure out how things work and do things on his own.
- how funny George is. He has a great sense of humor like his mummy and daddy.
- how happy he is. He is almost always happy.
- when George says mama. I’m sure he doesn’t associate it with me yet, but it still makes me smile.
I get great joy from…
- hearing George’s cute laugh.
- when he puts his head on my arm or in my lap and rests it there. It melts my heart.
- seeing his big smile. Too cute!
- George making me laugh when we play games together. My favorite game is Smelly Feet. We’ll be in the car. I smell George’s foot, make a face and say You have smelly feet and then I push his foot away. He laughs and will stick his foot near me, so I can smell it again.
- getting cuddles from him. A hug from George always makes me happy.
- when George pulls the duvet off my face and wakes me up. It’s always wonderful to see his smiling face in the morning. Sometimes, he’ll slap my face to make sure I’m fully awake.
- seeing George dance. He loves music.
- when George follows me to the toilet. I know, like most mums, I complain about this since it would be nice to pee alone in peace…but, it’s nice that he wants to spend time with me. Or maybe he just wants to open and close the door which he’s obsessed with lately.
How does your child make you proud? How do they bring you joy?
Linked up to Best and Worst Week on Run, Jump, Scrap! and A Bit of Everything at The Anxious Dragon