Spring has arrived! We don’t have four seasons here in Las Vegas. We only have two seasons: a cold winter (for us Las Vegans anyway) and a freaking hot summer. I always think it’s Springtime when Easter has arrived. I love light cocktails that remind me of flowers and light fruits like lemons and melons.
The first drink my friend Noelle and I created a lovely raspberry lemonade drink which would be perfect on a warm Spring day.
Lemon Mint Medley
- 2 lemons
- 2 mint leaves
- 1.4 oz Vodka
- 1.4 oz Raspberry
- 1.4 oz Simple Syrup
- · Squeeze the 2 lemons into a cup and make sure to take out the seeds.
- · Tear up 2 mint leaves and place in the lemon juice.
- · Mix and muddle the mint leaves in the cup.
- · Pour in all ingredients into a shaker.
- · Shake it up and serve.
Azure Island Sky
- 1 1/2 oz. Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Raspberry Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
- 1.16 oz. Pink Lemonade (I used Trader Joe’s Low-Calorie Pink Lemonade)
- 3 oz. Club Soda or Sparkling Water
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- Make fresh lemon juice by squeezing some lemons.
- Mix all the ingredients into a shaker
- Shake it up and put into a glass.
- Grate lemon zest on the top of the drink and then serve.
I’ve never heard of Pisco Sour until Ivan and I were travelling in South America during an overlanding trip. It’s a great drink that’s been added to one of my favorite drinks. Pisco is a brandy that is distilled from muscat grapes.
Peruvian Pisco Sour
Pisco Sour – CC BY-SA 2.0
- 3 oz. Peruvian Pisco
- 2 oz. key lime juice (called green lemons in Peru)
- 1 Tablespoon egg white
- 1 1⁄2 oz. simple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup crushed ice
- 2 –3 drops Angostura bitters
- In a blender, combine key lime juice with the egg white.
- Add simple syrup, Pisco, and ice and blend at high speed until frothy.
- Pour into a sour glass, top with a few drops of bitters and serve.
Original Recipe from Food.com
I hope you enjoy the Spring Cocktails. What’s your favorite Spring Cocktail?
Photography by Noelle C. for the first 3 pictures
Linked up to Tasty Tuesday